Artists of traditional media including oil, acrylic, tempera, watercolor, illustrations and prints as well as computer graphics and photographers are invited to participate. Winning artist will receive $500 and be recognized in the 2013 Kona Coffee Cultural Festival magazine.
"The art contest is a fun time for the Festival. It launches the start of Festival planning and creates a new excitement for us, " said Mel Morimoto, Festival President. "This year we've added prize money for the winning art, hoping to inspire our local artists to get out their paint boxes, keyboards or cameras! It's going to be exciting and we look forward to seeing the entries."
Artwork submissions are due by Monday, April 1, 2013 and should be delivered to Malia Bolton, Kona Coffee & Tea Company, 74-5035 Queen Kaahumanu Highway, Kailua Kona or electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line "festival submission."
The Festival will unveil the winning art at its Board of Directors meeting in mid-April. Winners will be notified by mail.
2013 Kona Coffee Cultural Festival Art Submission Details
- Artists of traditional media (oil, acrylic, tempera, watercolor, illustrations, prints), computer graphics or photographers are invited to participate.
- Deadline for submissions is Monday, April 1, 2013. The winning artist will be notified in writing.
- Winning entry becomes property of the Festival Organizers and will be used on all official festival merchandise.
- The winning artist will receive $500 and be recognized in the 2013 Kona Coffee Cultural Festival magazine. Winning artist must be available for certain poster signings, press interviews and public appearances from September through November 2013 including Festival events from November 1-10, 2013.
- Submissions may be original artwork or a digital file of art. If submitting artwork electronically, file should be at 300 dpi, approximately 8" in its longest dimension. Winning art if submitted digitally may require a higher resolution file for print collateral.
- No typography should be in the artwork.
- Secure contact information (name, contact information) to the back of the entry.
- Submissions should be delivered on or before Monday, April 1, 2013 to Malia Bolton, Kona Coffee & Tea Company, 74-5035 Queen Kaahumanu Highway, Kailua Kona or electronically at email@example.com, with subject line "festival submission.